Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rain Rain go away Mikey wants to finish and play with his Skiff!

This Month has blown by so fast and so have the items left on the list to get the Skiff in the water this year. Frolic has really taken shape and looks pretty good. I have finished the inside of the hull except for motor mounting, and fastening the floor down. There is nothing else to hang, or install as far as bright work and chrome.




During this time I have also been installing all the thru hull pieces and sent my prop off to Murphy's Propellers in Norfolk, VA to have it reconditioned. They did a great job and it was under a 100 bucks not including shipping. I used 5200 on th ethru hull pieces and only have the shaft protector left to install.

Everything is going together fine. I have a glob of 5200 in my pick up that slide down from the hull. It is not obstructing to much and think it will be ok. I will keep an eye on it.

I have had fun this past Memorial weekend because I started up my engine for the first time on the stand. It took me an afternoon to get it running. I ran into a problem in that I followed my wiring diagram and could not get the starter to turn off the key and no power to the coil. I got a gauge set and hooked up the amp meeter like the diagram said and nothing worked. I had to take the wire from the ignition side that shared the post with the amp meter to the other post to energize the system. I dont know if I have things wired correctly on the boat and will have to troubleshoot once the engine is installed.



I have been trying to finish the engine box and have made progress. I have sanded, stained and placed 2 coats of CPES and hope to start varnishing tonight. The box is looking pretty good even though I have some high and low spots in the stain. It was pretty uniformed before the CPES but what can I say.



Well that's all for now, but things ar ealmost done and I am getting excited to see if this boat will float.

No comments: