Thursday, April 2, 2009

Warm weather and chance to work outside without freezing

We have had some nice weather here in Vermont and I have been trying to work outside as much as possible. I thought I would tackle the sides of my engine box, which proved to be a challenge. I made several pieces before I found one that was right for the sides of the box. The front an drear were easy. I measured several times before I cut but 2 go a rounds yielded sides that were small. It was very frustrating and I should have bought some inexpensive plywood to make templates. Here is what I came out with but not perfect.




I also worked on adding some pieces of wood to the rear bench support. The screws missed the support originally so I addrd another biece ot stabilize and give the bench more to screw into.


I also had fun re painting my Sea Skiff emblems. The are pitted, not re chroming now, cost to much and plus I want the boat in the water for use! They came out ok.


I am awaiting my new tank from Rayco and getting excited. I am currently trying to figure out were to put the water/fuel fileter seperator. On the Skiff there is very little room in the rear so I am thinking of runing th eline past the engine just forward and mounting it there under a hatch then running th eline back to the engine. This would give hte filter more room and easier for me to service. We will see.

No comments: